On Thursday September 7, Go Mobile For Life (GMFL) is joining a statewide prayer vigil.
Will you help?
California pregnancy centers remain under attack from AB775, which is an unconstitutional law that mandates and compels pro-life centers to refer for abortion. After it was signed into law last year, the only recourse was to look to the courts for justice.
Two cases are before the courts at present, one at the federal level and one at the state level. See below for more details.
GMFL is joining a coordinated, statewide 56-day prayer vigil with many other pregnancy clinics to seek the Lord about these lawsuits. On Thursday September 7th, GMFL is coordinating a 24-hour prayer vigil. We need 24 people to sign up to pray for 1 hour each.
If you want to participate, email Carolyn Scharpen at email@example.com with the time(s) you’re available to pray between midnight 9/7 and midnight 9/8 so we can place you in the schedule.
Our Clinic (California Case)
As we mentioned in last month’s newsletter update, Judge Gloria Trask issued a very encouraging opinion, stating that AB775 is effectively unconstitutional.
In our July 21st trial setting conference in Riverside Superior Court, it was agreed that we would proceed with a trial by briefings. Our first brief is due tomorrow, August 22nd. Our final brief is due September 29th. Oral argument is scheduled for Friday, October 13th.
Judge Trask’s ruling will be issued by November 21st.
Pray that God’s will be done, justice will be served, and women and babies will be protected from this damaging law.
Pray for strength and wisdom for our attorneys, Bob Tyler and Nada Higuera, and that their factual and legal arguments will be persuasive to Judge Trask.
Supreme Court Justices
John Roberts, Chief Justice
Appointed by George W. Bush
Anthony Kennedy (Ronald Reagan)
Clarence Thomas (George H.W. Bush)
Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Bill Clinton)
Stephen Breyer (Bill Clinton)
Samuel Alito (George W. Bush)
Sonya Sotomayer (Barack Obama)
Elena Kagan (Barack Obama)
Neil Gorsuch (Donald Trump)
1) Pray that at least four Supreme Court justices will vote in favor of accepting NIFLA’s appeal at the September 25th conference.
2) Pray for each Supreme Court justice by name.
Pray that each Justice will see clearly the serious issues in this matter and will rule in favor of the pro-life pregnancy resource and medical clinics in California.
3) Pray for the California pregnancy centers and medical clinics.
Pray that they will remain strong during this season of attack, will stand boldly against the anti-life forces that intend to bring them down, and will be supported by their communities.
4) Pray for the legal team from the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) that is representing NIFLA — Attorneys Kevin Theriot, Ellisa Graves, Ken Connelly, and ADF president Michael Farris.
Pray that the arguments and case being prepared for the SCOTUS will be persuasive and prevail.
5) Pray for NIFLA’s attorneys, Anne O’Connor and Thomas Glessner, who are part of the legal team representing the NIFLA California network.
6) Pray for the financial health of both NIFLA and ADF that they will remain strong financially to enable them to continue this fight for life across the nation.
7) Pray for the continuing battle against abortion nationwide and for the appointments of justices to the SCOTUS who will vote to overturn Roe v. Wade.